Sunday, January 31, 2010

Homework January 31, 2010

Podcasts

I have to embarrassingly admit that until this assignment that I had no clue what a podcast was. This is one of the many reasons that I'm thankful for this class. After reviewing the podcasts I learned a lot about how I might want my podcast to be. I found them to be interesting.

SmartBoard Lessons was quite unusual, Ben Hazzard was out of the ordinary. I listened to DimDim.com and in the middle of his podcast he ordered coffee and soup. I thought it was rather funny. He works while ordering. The KidCast, was awesome for children and was by far my favorite. I think it's important that kids have activities to be involved in other than video games and television. If I had kids of my own I would definitely allow them to be involved in this podcast. Connect Learning Episode 90 was almost like a refined debate. It seems that they are in a workshop and are allowed to give input. EdTechtalk was exactly like a radio show except on an educational based level. It was an interview based show. Where Robert Squires was interviewing college professors. MacBreak Weekly was also exactly like a radio show it even had commercials. It's very organized. This week in Photography also had commercials and was also like a radio show and had interviews. It had more than one host and had different segments. From the show it sounds like they had a blast.

When I do a podcast I would like for it to be fun and interesting but at the same time be educational and helpful to others. My favorite was KidCast and This week in Photography they were both educational and fun.

3 comments:

  1. I admit also, that although I know what a podcast is, it is stressing me out thinking about making one! I did find some of them interesting and I was overwhelmed by some of them. I hope mine is fun as well and someone can get something out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheree,

    One of the great benefits of this class is that you will be exposed to so many things that you might not have heard of before but can be useful for you and your students in the future. Also, in this class you can say things like "Hey, I don't know" and we will find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree with you more!!! Im right with you. Im still trying to figure it out. We are all educated individuals and will make it through this course with an A. Goodluck

    ReplyDelete