Saturday, February 6, 2010

Media Literacy in the First Grade.

Media Literacy

I think that Mrs. Cassidy is an awesome teacher and doing a wonderful job. Not only are these kids absolutely adorable but extremely smart as well. I just loved the two in the beginning when the little boy said that he was "media literate" and then at the end she said "oh I am too."

It is shocking and a little intimidating to know that these type of children will one day be in my class, they may be teaching it. I better step it up. We as educators need to make sure that we soak every bit of information that we can. We need to remember that these students are more advanced than we were at their age and it's a good thing. We need to be better teachers than we had, even if we had awesome teachers.



Little Kids...Big Potential

It's great that she won the award on this video but what's greater than the video is the fact that she's able to teach these kids in such an amazing way. I think she needs a great teacher award. I hope to be an effective teacher to the point that I could teach my students to be media literate, no matter their age or grade level.

The name of the video is a mouth-full. It's so true. Mrs. Cassidy is setting students up for success. I like how she has on her door, College Graduating Class of 2025. She is encouraging them and making the idea real for her students.

Wow is all I can say about the 1 year old child using the iphone. That was amazing because I can barely use the iphone. I think it's always amazing when children are technologically developed it makes for a very smart kid and my job as an educator more focusable.

1 comment:

  1. Well said!!. I agree that Mrs. Cassidy is an amazing teacher and what she has done with her students is incredible. I do think we should step it up as well, just knowing that these students are going to be in my class gives me a little bit of a shutter...lol I know that when the day comes we will be ready though :)

    ReplyDelete